Greater Portland Landmarks and co-sponsor M-Co Engineering Plus will present an energy efficiency workshop to assist property owners in making their homes and institutional buildings more energy efficient while maintaining historic character and property values.
Workshop will be held Tuesday, March 25, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Walker Memorial Library, 800 Main Street, Westbrook. Snow date will be Wednesday, March 26, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. the same location.
Workshop will provide:
- Specific techniques on air-sealing and insulation strategies
- Approaches to reduce energy costs through improving operational efficiency
- Innovative HVAC systems: Discussion and narrated tour of Walker Library’s new HVAC system
- Question and answer time.
- Participants will receive:
- A 22-page workbook “The Energy Efficient Old House”
- Handouts outlining specific energy efficiency techniques and how-to outlines
- Fuel comparison checklists
- Energy efficiency resources
- Funding and tax credits information.
Christopher Closs, Preservation Services Advisor, Greater Portland Landmarks
Russell A. Martin, PE, PA of M-Co Engineering Plus, Westbrook, ME
Hilary Bassett, Executive Director, Greater Portland Landmarks
CEUs: The Maine Real Estate Commission has approved this program for 2 hours of continuing education units for real estate professionals.
Workshop fee is $30.